Corporate Contracts Manager
Corporate Contracts Manager
November 15, 2017
Exodyne, Inc., provides a variety of services to governmental, civic, and private organizations. Through three subsidiary companies, Exodyne's business interests range from operating Job Corps Centers for the Department of Labor (DOL) to providing aviation and technical research services for the Department of Defense (DoD).
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the relationship and contracts between the DoD; Federal Aviation Administration (FAA); Department of Transportation (DOT); National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA); Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E); the DOL; and other business partners, either as a subcontractor or a prime contractor. The Contracts Manager will establish and maintain long-term working relationships/partnerships and drive communications, leadership, and development. Additionally, this role involves imparting improvements to time to market, safeguarding capacity, quality, cost, and continuity of service internally and externally.
- Researches vendors'/suppliers' capabilities and identifies a pool of vendors/suppliers for project consideration
- Assists in the negotiations of contracts with an optimum mix of price and quality
- Benchmarks quotations submitted and recommends/negotiates courses of action, pricing, and preparation of necessary information for RFPs/contracts
- Prepares pricing in accordance with RFP requirements, implementing best practice standards and improving positive outcomes and profitability by meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Conducts the financial/contract negotiations at the appropriate management level
- Scrutinizes, identifies, and analyzes economic development within target market
- Manages competitive bidding and selection process
- Strings interpersonal skills and diplomacy together while negotiating contract terms, pricing, and payment schedules; ensures agreements with customers are advantageous and profitable
- Intervenes, analyzes, manages, and resolves business conflict between company, customers, suppliers, and staff
- Provides alerts to concerned departments (individuals) regarding contract compliance requirements; acts as a catalyst protecting the organization from contractual breech
- Clarifies goals and reaches agreements maintaining all interests of all parties
- Benchmarks market trends/new developments, driving continuous quality improvement
- Builds and maintains team atmosphere and excellent working relationships with corporate office, peers, subordinates, and external clients
- Interacts with DCAA/DCMA as needed
- Travels as required
- Performance management
- B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 years in U.S. government prime-contracting and subcontracting, marketing, sales, budgeting, and contract administration/management
- Minimum of 5 years in cost-proposal preparation
- Government-contracting experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of FARS, DARS, and pricing
- No relocation is available for this position.
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and basic background screening.
Please e-mail your résumé, cover letter, and salary history to
Human Resources (e-mail)
phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Exodyne, Inc. and all of its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.