||Finch-Henry Job Corps Center, Batesville, MS
||August 29, 2017
Reports to the Finance and Administration supervisor. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of buildings and grounds to include floors, bathrooms, and trash pick-up.
- Performs . . .
- refuse collection and disposal;
- general landscaping;
- grounds maintenance;
- minor repairs on plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning equipment;
- minor repairs on electrical wiring, lights (incandescent and fluorescent), control switches, and other electrical items;
- minor construction projects (e.g., shelves, storage binds, counters, workbenches, etc.);
- floor sweeping, waxing, and polishing; window washing; dusting; and washroom cleanup;
- and other duties as assigned
- May perform minor roofing repairs or maintenance
- Moves furniture and equipment
- May drive center vehicles
- Equips each area with proper maintenance tools and janitorial supplies
- Instructs in the use and care of these maintenance tools
- Models, mentors, and monitors the positive normative culture of the center
- Acts as a responsible custodian for assigned center property
- Reports violations of ethical behavior
- Suggests opportunities for continuous operational improvement and reduction of waste
- Identifies and reports environmental health and safety concerns
- One year of experience in general building maintenance, including exposure to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, electricity, and/or general building and grounds maintenance works
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Valid drivers license in center’s state with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
Please e-mail, fax, or mail your résumé with salary history to:
Ginny Shoemaker (e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
DESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.