Safety & Security Officer
||Safety & Security Officer
||Finch-Henry Job Corps Center, Batesville, MI
||August 29, 2017
- Ensures security and safety of students and staff, buildings, vehicles, and property by inspecting persons, center grounds, doors, windows, lighting, appliances, equipment, locks, and emergency equipment
- Performs dispatch, guard, and administrative duties to assist in the protection of life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood, or similar disaster
- Conducts search and seizures in dormitory
- Confiscates contraband, weapons, and so forth and delivers confiscated items to Safety Manager for proper disposal
- Assists center staff and law officers in controlling disturbances; investigates and prepares reports as needed
- Maintains student accountability
- Checks identification of personnel seeking to enter or exit the grounds; permit or deny entering or exiting per established policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- An associate's degree in criminal justice is desirable and may be substituted for experience.
- Two years of related experience
- One year of experience in firefighting, law enforcement, or safety and security desired
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
Please e-mail your résumé with salary history to:
Ginny Shoemaker (e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Exodyne, Inc. and all of its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer, prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.