||June 27, 2017
|Job Start Date:
||July 10, 2017
Provides outreach and marketing services to an assigned territory. Provides admissions services to young adults (ages 16-24) who are interested in the Job Corps program. Includes conducting group information sessions to public, individual interviews, and client follow-up. Caseload management duties include: collecting and verifying documentation to determine eligibility, ensuring safe arrival on campus, and following up with clients waiting to start.
- Complies with all Management, Corporate and Government Directives and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Models, mentors, and monitors a positive normative culture.
- Performs outreach, admissions, and counseling services, as required, within an assigned Job Corps territory.
- Recommends advertising for recruitment.
- Ensures that all applicants arrive on the assigned Center by following established DESI procedures.
- Provides Job Corps orientation and Job Corps overall program orientation to prospective students.
- Collects and verifies all required applicant documentation to determine eligibility and suitability for Job Corps.
- Ensures student acceptance into the program and safe arrival on the Center.
- Establishes personal contact with referral source agencies, organizations, and community support agencies.
- Conducts at least five face-to-face visits to five new outreach contacts each month and maintains five linkage contacts each month.
- Participates at a minimum one major event or community activity each month.
- Provides follow-up on all prospective students awaiting assignment and ensures that students maintain their interest in the program.
- Maintains active follow-up with enrollees after enrollment to monitor 30-, 45-, 60- and 90-day, graduate rate and graduate placement rate performance.
- Acts as liaison with public and private service agencies.
- Conducts tours of Centers with individuals and/or groups.
- Maintains accountability of property by acting as a responsible custodian, adheres to safety practices, and performs safety inspections in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required
- One year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling related services
- Interact with individuals from economically and socially diverse backgrounds
- Experience interviewing prospective applicants and determine program suitability
- Experience working with youth
- Creating and maintaining database files on integrated computer system
- Experience with community leaders, business, and community-based organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills
- Ability to act as a resource for customers in a courteous manner and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization
- Ability to identify customer needs and maintain support in a customer service philosophy
- Ability to work accurately independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and efffectively with interruptions
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver’s license in the state of assignment with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
To be considered, a cover letter is required.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to:
Admissions Counselor (e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Exodyne, Inc. and all of its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.